Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: present reviews

  1. #1
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Let's review the AG items we have recieved for the holidays! I like to read what everyone has to say!

    I only asked for a few things this year:

    Coconut's calender-this is a small size calender designed for students to put in their lockers. The calender follows the school calender- August-June which isn't very helpful since I don't go to school right now... It comes with stickers you can put on the days. Each picture seems to be one from the catalog featuring Coconut and the AGTs. It's cute but not worth the original price.

    Kirsten's Hallmark ornament- very pretty! You get two ornaments in one-Kirsten and her little tine. Kirsten is hugging her doll Sari. The ornament is packeged nicely and tells about Kirsten and her story of having to leave Sari behind. There is a background image behind the ornament that shows the scene where Kirsten's cousins come out to greet her for the first time.

    Kaya pow wow dress from Granny's Doll Clothes. WOW! This dress is goregous! It looks, feels and smells like real leather. It's made of ultra-suede I guess. It's brown "leather" with wide shoulders and fringe like Kaya's "Meet" dress. There is a beaded medallion and white feather on the front. It comes with a beaded fringe belt, a beaded fringe purse, and mocassins with a beaded medallions. I give this dress A+++! Kaya has only worn the dress because I am a historical purist and Kaya would have only had a few trade beads. Plus the belt looked small and I didn't want to take off her "Meet" mocassins.

    Pictures coming as soon as imagestation reactivates me!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sleigh: not wowed, still debating on returning.

    Nellie and Samantha: simply adorable, with accessories, winter coats and Sam's desk, table and chairs and school dress. (the furniture items were ebay wins)

    All the talent show items including the guitar, keyboard and 3 outfits. Nellie is currently wearing the paisley outfit, Kirsten is in the gold leather jacket with pink skirt, and Samantha is wearing the jeans outfit. Purists beware! They make a great "cool girls group" as Diana calls them! Also have the paisley dress for Diana which she put on immediately and wore yesterday for Christmas! The sounds out of the guitar and keyboard annoy my dh to no end, but so do most toys, he'll tune it out eventually!

    DH bought for me Josefina's loom which I love, her school outfit and Christmas dress with Christmas accessories. We decided we'll hot glue the little hen's eggs in place in the basket so they don't get lost. The hen is very cute.

    Laurie

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kit's PJs, loved them!

    Kit's Typewriter, alos love it!!! especialy that you can read the Kit times! A must have for any Kit fan!

    Kit's Table and chairs! LOVE the table, the girls slide down the chairs, but knew that beforehand.
    Now I got 3 Kit chairs, lol!

    Kit's treats,LOVE them! only the taffy is so small, it can be easily lost! or eaten by a dog!

    [img]eek.gif[/img]


    Kit's Friendship Fun book, LOVE this too! Going to use some of it's crafts and foods for Camp this summer! [img]smile.gif[/img]


    I guess I got an Kit Xmas this year! ha!

  4. #4
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Wink

    I got Nellie for Christmas!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] The best gift of all, I also got Samantha's Nutcracker Doll, and she loves it and so do I, [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] ,Samantha's Holiday which is too cute [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] , Samantha An American Girl Holiday and the movie script and ribbons for Samantha's hair.

    I'll say I had a a Great AG Christmas me and the girls!!

    Nikki [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member americangirlsrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We, meaning DD, got the bitty twins, the retired computer desk, picnic and school lunch, mummy bag, camping outfit and the new ready for fun outfit from DH and I. (All ebay finds) The twins are really cute, I wasn't planning on getting them, but the blondes resemble my DD and DS and I got them for a great price on ebay in like new condition, so I'm glad I did. She is really enjoying them. The food sets are really life like and wish AG has more accessories like them now.

    Santa brought Kailey and all her accessories plus the retired tankini set and a Target horse. Kailey is a beauty, I noticed though that her legs seem more plasticky (Spelling?)than our other American Girls. We don't have the AG horse, but the Target beige one looks cute with the girls.

    I really wanted to get the sleigh, but after other's reviews, I think I would rather put the money towards Marisol! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! We did, but I must say I am so tired now!! Keep the reviews coming...love to hear others' opinions!
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jaydon724's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2004
    Posts
    644
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We also had an AG Xmas.

    My dd got her Addy(whom she renamed Sarah, immediately) and was thrilled to no end with her!!

    So far I got:
    Nellie and her accessories from my DH
    Merry Moonlight Outfit from my Nana
    The retired desk and computer set.
    Kirsten's retired checked dress and short story set.
    I still have to exchange gifts with my best friend sometime this week, but she has confirmed that it is an AG item!

    The biggest surpise that I got this year is that my aunt found me a PM Molly on ebay!!!

    I'll post pictures later. My Molly is absolutely gorgeous, and Sam and Nellie have finally been reunited!! It was a wonderfully AG Christmas here!!

    Also, my aunt loved her Mini Sam and the Samantha movie!!

  7. #7
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    Our AG Christmas started off when I ordered Josefina's starter collection, and her heirloom accessories. I don't think I can say anything that you guys don't already know. All of her stuff is just as pretty as she is!

    We got the Play outfits for the Twins. Sometimes the Play and the Play Date outfits get me confused. We also got the bitty hair care kit. The only thing about the twins oufits are the girl's tights! They are sometimes a struggle to get on!

    DD got Kit's accessories(necklace and cloche are my favorite pieces), and Kit's Art Studio which she has not put down for the last two days! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    DD also got Felicity. Felicity was from Santa. When she woke up she came out and saw Lissie standing in front of the tree. Well, DD thought that Felicity was the one that roommate got from Ebay so it took about 10 seconds for it to sink it after I told her it was hers! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Shawniec's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Younger DD got Kit, Kit's Christmas Dress, and Kit's Dog (Grace).
    Older DD got Kaya, Kaya's Jingle Dress of Today, and Kaya's Dog (Tatlo and Travois).

    I am in love with all of it!! After a slightly rocky start, younger DD loves her Kit and now wants to focus on getting her whole collection over time (yay!).

    Kit and Kaya are beautiful dolls, FYI: Kit is marked "Pleasant Company" and Kaya is marked "Pleasant Co. 2002". Kit's Christmas dress is fetching, and I adore her cloche hat!

    I was worried about Kaya as so many people have mentioned she may not be so much a play doll, but DD is playing with her lots and is not having any trouble getting her into and out of her dresses (I help with the moccasins (sp.?) and hair ribbons). DD says she will not take her hair out of the braids, and she has Kailey, so at least she has another doll whose hair she can play with!

    SIL sent the gold shimmer outfit (gorgeous on Kailey) and the blue flowered skirt with sequin shirt and a shorter blue dress with flowers (she lives near the Osh Kosh outlet). All are adorable!

    All around a wonderful AG Christmas! Now I can't wait to see if anything goes on sale tomorrow!

    Shawn

  9. #9
    Inactive Member MareGathersWords's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2004
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay...my Christmas booty...will detail the events in another post...just reviewing here. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I got:

    KIT!!!!!! And I absolutely adore her! The pictures in the cataloge and online just totally did not do her justice. She's got the best hair...and her eyes are the most gorgeous blue!

    Kit's meet outfit is very well made, and I love that the short sleeved sweater has buttons down the back instead of velcro. Also, the skirt has a latch hook and a zipper. I wish they would do that on all the clothes!

    Kit's accessories are very cute. I'm totally in love with her necklace, and her purse has a loop on the back so she can hold it. I like the hat, it's very 1930's, but I had the darndest time trying to get it on!

    Kit's Christmas dress...well...I can't say enough good about it! It's so pretty and very well made. I especially love that the little Scottie pin connects with a magnet.

    Felicity's Spring Gown and Pinner Apron is every bit as gorgeous as it was in the catalouge/online. My only complaint was tryin to get the little tiny pins in. I know we want to be historically accurate, but I plan getting fabric tape to hold it on. I can't use the dress seperately then, but I don't like it seperately. Also, they need to give you a hint of how to put the flower bouquet on her head! I just figured that out before I snapped some pictures of the girls this afternoon.

    My mother got...

    Molly...who is as lovely as the day I got her in 1991. I have to say her face is lighter, lips a little darker and her hair is more multicolor then it was on my Pre-Mattell Molly.

    The Victory Garden dress is adorable! I thought the colors were a little eh-eh, but in person it's very nice.

    Her school Jumper and blouse are wonderfully made, very sturdy and I love the little details on her blouse with the lace and the pleat on the blouse front.

    I think that's it....lol....I'll post later on Kit and Molly's Christmas morning unveilings, because there's sentimental stories tied to it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got several items from my parents, sister in law, grandma, and wonderful husband. I haven't actually looked most of them over really well yet, but unfortunately I already have seen two problems. The first was that both my husband and my SIL got me Jip the dog because the online registry didn't work properly and didn't show Jip as purchased after my husband bought him, so my SIL bought him too. (Which is strange because I checked the registry later and it showed the items I got for Christmas as purchased. hmm.) I'm not too impressed with him anyhow--kinda cute, but doesn't look like Jip in the book, at least not the original illustrations, and not worth $16, IMO anyway. The second problem was that DH got me Kirsten's nighttime necessities and the foot warmer was *completely* busted. So AG will be getting a call from me tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •